Current Developments is a seasonal newsletter provided by First American Title Insurance Company to its agents, covering the latest developments in the state of New York. We would like to share this information with you, so that you can better serve your clients.
Some of the topics covered in this newsletter include:
- Condominiums & Cooperatives/”Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019″
- Constructive Trusts
- Contracts of Sale/Doctrine of Merger
- Contracts of Sale/Statute of Frauds
- False Pretenses/Equitable Mortgages
- Lien Law/Mechanics’ Liens
- Mortgage Foreclosures/Entry of Judgment After Default
- Mortgage Foreclosures/Intervenors
- Mortgage Foreclosures/Statute of Limitations
- Mortgage Recording Tax/New York State Transfer Tax
- Notice of Pendency
- Recording Act/Bona Fide Purchaser
- Restrictive Covenants
- Zoning Lot Mergers/Parties in Interest
To view the newsletter, click here. As always, if you have any questions about Title Insurance or if there is anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at (212) 239-8789.
This bulletin is sent courtesy of CB Title Agency of NY, LLC and First American Title Insurance Company. This article is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice, but rather to provide insight into legal developments and issues that may be useful to our clients and friends. In no circumstance is this article intended to be a full treatment of the above subject matter. Reader is advised to obtain additional information as noted.